Pupil Premium Action Plan 2022-23
Statement on the use of Pupil Premium at Croftlands Infant and Nursery School
What is Pupil Premium?
In 2011, the government introduced a Pupil Premium. This is in addition to schools main funding and is allocated to schools on the basis of children who are currently known to be eligible for free school meals. This money can be used in a variety of ways to help overcome any barriers to learning amongst disadvantaged children.
At our school we have high aspirations and ambitions for all our children and we believe that no child should be left behind. We strongly believe that it is not about where you come from or how much money you have; but your passion for thirst and knowledge, and your dedication and commitment to learning that make the difference between success and failure and we are determined to ensure that our children are given every chance to realise their full potential.
Although we only receive a small amount of pupil premium, we are committed to ensure that it is spent to maximum effect.
For Pupil Premium and all children at Croftlands Infant & Nursery to meet their full potential, they need:
- First class, high quality teaching every day.
- To be ready to learn, physically and emotionally.
- Provision which specifically addresses each child’s needs from their varying starting points.
We aim to:
- Ensure consistent first class, high quality, good/outstanding teaching in every class for every child.
- Prevent barriers to learning including mental, emotional and social barriers.
- Identify and overcome any existing barriers to learning.
- Use assessment for learning to identify attainment gaps or progress dips and rapidly implement intervention effectively
This is link to Teaching and Learning Toolkit | EEF
Please find attached action plan.